Buying data/internet sim card in Thailand. Where to buy, cost and all!
Are you an internet addict? Other than staying in touch with family and friends, along with social media posts, data/internet sim is absolutely travel essential. With a data/internet sim, travelling in Thailand can now be fairly easy.
Where to buy data/internet sim card in Thailand?
Get a data sim card at the ariport
Data/internet sim can be conveniently purchased at all majors airports in Thailand as follows :
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Arrival Terminal, 2nd Floor, Gate 7
- Donmuang International Airport, Arrival Floor, between Terminal 1 and 2
- Phuket International Airport, Terminal 2
- Samui International Airport, Arrival Hall, 1st Floor
Get your data/internet sim card at any convenience store
If you missed the airport, you can easily get them as below :
- Family Mart
- Tesco Lotus
- Big C
- Telco counters
Buy data/internet sim card online.
After a long flight, the last thing you would want to do is to queue to get the data sim, might have trouble communicating which plan is most suited for you and thus may end up buying something that is not what you were looking for. This is why, we are highly recommending online purchase, as this gives you time to evaluate the details and purchase the right one hassle-free.
So buy it online, pick it up at the counter and walk out of the airport booking your taxi out to explore. Voila!, life is good!
How to buy data/internet sim card online.
DTAC would be the easy access to buy this data/internet sim card online directly. So the moment you land, all you have to do is to pick up your sim card at the airport and start navigating your way into the adventures. Totally fuss free!
Click here to buy sim online
How much does the data/internet sim card cost?
- Happy Tourist at 299 Baht, it comes with 8-day unlimited Internet with a maximum speed at 3 GB
- Happy Tourist at 599 Baht, it comes with 15-day unlimited Internet with a maximum speed at 6 GB
- Happy Tourist at 199 Baht, it comes with 7-day unlimited Internet with a maximum speed at 500 MB
- Happy Tourist at 49 Baht, it comes with free 5 chat apps usage for 1 day, with free 15 baht call credit.
How to activate the sim?
If you have purchased the data/internet sim card through DTAC website, you will pick this up at counter of Suvarnahumi Airport only. At the counter, the friendly service- oriented staff will register and active sim card for every customer.
Also, when customers purchase from DTAC online channels, customers do not need to upload passport or ID card to verify their identity.
If DTAC sold to dealers by wholesale, all sim cards will be registered under the name of the company and or representative. So customers do not have to register the sim card again.
See more, do more, feel more with BudgetAir Australia!