✈️ Australia Travel facts
Major Airlines: Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand , Fiji Airways etc.
Major Airports: Sydney (SYD), Canberra (CBR), Melbourne (MEL), Adelaide (ADL), Brisbane (BNE), Hobart (HBA), Perth (PER), Darwin (DRW)
Major Tourism Spots: Sydney Opera House, Great Barrier Reef, Byron Bay, Great Ocean Road, Ayers Rock etc.
❄️ When to fly to Australia
Popular season: Summer
Summer falls in December, January and February.
Cheaper fares during Winter season
Winter is from June to August and air tickets are generally cheaper during the winter travel period.
Shoulder seasons: Spring & Autumn
Autumn is from March to May.
Spring is from September to November.
🇦🇺 10 interesting facts about Australia
- The Australian Alps get more snow than the Swiss Alps
- 90% of Australians live on the coast
- Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world
- The Great Barrier Reef is the largest eco-system in the world
- Australia has over 60 separate wine regions
- Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world
- Indian Pacific train has the longest straight section of train track in the world
- The Great Ocean Road is the world’s largest war memorial
- 80% of the animals are unique to Australia
- 2.5 km of Uluru is underground
💲 Currency in Australia